15 Southern Fried Chicken Recipes
This roundup of the best family favorite southern fried chicken recipes has a mix of everything. Southern fried chicken is usually fried in a deep fryer but let’s not get too traditional about it.
The easy southern fried chicken recipes I’m sharing below use various cooking methods including in a pan, and the oven which is definitely the healthier option. Nevertheless, the results are amazing and it only shows there are plenty of ways to reach the ‘crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside’ perfection.
If you have gluten intolerance, there’s also a gluten-free option in there, so no need to skip this decadent comfort food. We all deserve a treat every once in a while!
Southern fried chicken was brought to the U.S by Scottish immigrants and since then it has evolved into endless varieties. I believe in good homemade food. If you love cooking and fried chicken, here are some delicious and easy southern fried chicken recipes for you to try.
15 Best Family Favorite Southern Fried Chicken Recipes
1. Southern Fried Chicken from African Bites
Oh my gosh, this is the crispiest and non greasy!
2. Low Carb & Gluten-Free Southern Fried Chicken from I Breathe I’m Hungry
The taste is phenomenal…you will never miss the carbs or gluten.
3. Fried Chicken With Homemade Country Gravy from Fav Family Recipes
Fried chicken is naturally good but good country gravy makes it mouth-watering.
4. Southern-Inspired Fried Chicken Sandwich from Olivia’s Cuisine
Fried chicken sandwiches are my Dad’s favorite. He would love this one.
5. Oven Fried Chicken (KFC Copycat) from Kevin Is Cooking
You know the Colonel’s Chicken is good and this recipe gets it just right.
6. Easy Southern Fried Chicken Recipe from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Homemade fried chicken at it’s best.
7. Southern Fried Chicken Breasts With Cremini Sweet Onion Gravy from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Divine is the only word for this gravy. The perfect compliment to the crispy chicken
8. Mom’s Amazing Southern Fried Chicken from An Alli Event
No one makes chicken like Mom.
9. Sweet Tea Oven-Fried Chicken from Dessert For Two
10. Copycat Kentucky Fried Chicken from Temecula Blogs
Another Colonel copycat recipe that delivers the taste.
11. Oven Fried Southern Hot Honey Chicken from Half Baked Harvest
Hot chicken is the thing now. You don’t want to miss out.
12. Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Jo Cooks
13. “Oven Fried” Homemade Southern Fried Chicken from Totally The Bomb
You would never know this chicken wasn’t fried. Chrispy!
14. KFC Kievs from Every Nook And Cranny
15. Authentic Buttermilk Southern Fried Chicken from Sweet Tea & Thyme
Buttermilk makes the tenderest and juiciest fried chicken. That’s what my grandma always said.
Oh My Goodness, Happy Making!